The 2015 General Assembly is a 5-day event hosted by Stanford University and the Internet Archive and will be held at the Li Ka Shing Conference Center (LKSC) on the Stanford University campus (in Silicon Valley, California, USA) and at Internet Archive in San Francisco. The General Assembly will take place from Monday 27 April 2015 to Friday 1 May 2015.
The event is FREE to attend but places are limited:
The conference is sold out.
- Mon 27 Apr - Open Conference - LKSC, Stanford University
- Tue 28 Apr - Open Workshops - LKSC, Stanford University
- Wed 29 Apr - Members-only day - Internet Archive, SF
- Thur 30 Apr - Members-only day - LKSC, Stanford University
- Fri 1 May - Members-only day - LKSC, Stanford University
The line-up is being finalised and will be published shortly. We do, however, have a diverse and interesting series of talks and workshops answering the theme of "Innovation, connection and co-operation in web data".
Open Vs Members-only?
Everyone is welcome to attend either of the two 'Open' conference days, however, the 'Members-only' days are reserved for those who work at IIPC member institutions and invited speakers and guests.
Who should attend?
Researchers, archivists, librarians, digital preservationists, technology advocates and social commentators would all find something new and fascinating especially in the two 'Open' days.
Web archives are a valuable resource for researchers and the general public and are increasingly being used in scholarship, research, and historical study. The IIPC General Assembly is the ideal place to see and hear talks, workshops and discussions on the latest and most innovative aspects of this field.
How technical will it be?
Some of the talks will cover the technical aspects of web archiving (particularly with regard to harvesting and preservation of content), however, the Open Conference day (27 Apr) includes the most accessible talks and the Open Workshops will run in several tracks, some of which will be technical and others about research and access.
What is included?
- Registration is free
- Lunch and refreshments are provided at the venues
- Travel from Palo Alto to Internet Archive in San Francisco (and back) on the Wed 29 Apr
- Free wifi at LKSC and Internet Archive
- Evening reception on 29 Apr (IIPC Members, plus invited guests and speakers only).
- Travel (except the day at Internet Archive, 29 Apr)
- Accommodation (discount rates are available at two local hotels)
- Food and other expenses outside of the General Assembly.